EPCASO was founded in 1981 by Claudia Pinza, to honor her father, the great operatic basso, Ezio Pinza. EPCASO sponsors a month-long Summer Opera Program which provides concentrated study and training in voice, repertoire, and language for singers. The program is specifically designed for those singers whose abilities indicate a realistic possibility for a career in opera. Participants should be prepared to work intensely five days a week, Monday through Friday. Lessons are private for each participant. EPCASO is unique as it focuses mainly on Italian operatic training, and it only accepts a limited number of participants.
Training schedule includes:
• Technique on voice and technical repertoire with Claudia Pinza & Vivica Genaux
• Coachingwith Carlos De Aragon Raffaele Cortese Maryjane Austin
• Stage Directingwith Cesare Scarton
• Special Advanced Training session with Maestro Maurizio Arena (one week / auditing available)
• Master Class conducted by Maria Chiara with emphasis on special coaching of specific opera roles
In addition to the concentrated program of study, the participants will perform concerts in Feltre and surrounding areas.